The Toronto office of Smith + Andersen is currently seeking CAD/REVIT Technician qualified in project engineering of building services. Candidates will be team players who are highly motivated with good communication skills. The candidate would work under the direct supervision of a project manager or designer.
The successful applicant:
- Will have a strong interest and knowledge of BIM, specifically the Revit software platform
- Knowledge in the use of Autodesk Navisworks
- Has developed a strong understanding and knowledge of the Revit file structure (central files, families, templates)
- Familiarity with building systems: lighting and power design
- Should have standard computer and software proficiency (i.e. Word, Excel, etc.).
- Knowledge of object oriented software programing concepts such as class structures, types and parameters are a beneficial asset.
- Strong spatial awareness and ability to envision complex spatial concepts such as pipe/conduit routing in a congested space.
The successful candidate will work with the mechanical and electrical base building department. The group consists of principals, project managers, designers and CAD operators with a diverse range of experiences in building systems (lighting, power and systems, communications).
Responsibilities will include:
- Working as part of a collaborative team developing three dimensional BIM (Building Information Modeling) MEP (mechanical, electrical, plumbing) models
- Managing Revit MEP content for the family database as well as for active projects
- Assisting in creating new Revit families and content where required as well as modifying existing content
- Updating and extracting information from Revit architectural models
- Using Navisworks to manage and combine BIM models
To apply for this position, please email your cover letter and resume to email@example.com. Please place job title and job location in the subject line of the email.
Only qualified candidates will be contacted.
Smith + Andersen is an Equal Opportunity Employer.