Mechanical - Junior Engineer
Emans Smith Andersen has been delivering mechanical engineering services to clients in Western Canada since 1976. We take pride in offering clients engineering excellence through creative design, attentive service and a dedication to professionalism at every stage of our involvement. We are looking to add a Mechanical HVAC Engineer-in-Training/Junior Engineer to our team.
Reporting to the Project Engineer or Principal, the Engineer-in-Training will assist in the design of commercial, institutional, and light industrial facilities
- Be a mechanical engineering graduate or mechanical engineer-in-training with 1-2 years experiences with interests in thermodynamics, fluids, and project management;
- Have standard computer and software proficiency (i.e. Word, Excel, etc.). Specific engineering software shall be learned on the job.
- Assist project engineers in all aspects of the mechanical system design for one or more projects;
- Perform building heating and cooling loads and other design calculations;
- Visit to site and survey of existing facilities;
- Development of tenant improvement designs and drawings;
- Attend client meetings with the project engineer;
- Attend co-ordination meetings with design team;
- Design to industry standards and codes (ASHRAE, ABC, NFPA, and CSA);
- Review contract documents prior to tender for completeness. Ensure proper co-ordination of documents with the other design disciplines;
- Review shop drawings;
- Prepare all change notices or review change notices issued by site inspector;
- Visit site to review technical content of project;
- Any other tasks assigned by the project engineer.
To apply for this position, please email your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please place job title and job location in the subject line of the email.
Only qualified candidates will be contacted.
Emans Smith Andersen is an Equal Opportunity Employer.