Mechanical - Design Technologist
Emans Smith Andersen has been delivering mechanical engineering services to clients in Western Canada since 1976. We take pride in offering clients engineering excellence through creative design, attentive service and a dedication to professionalism at every stage of our involvement.
We have an immediate need to add a Design Technologist to our team. This challenging and rewarding environment requires someone who is able to work independently and in a team in energetic and fast paced engineering consulting firm.
Reporting to the Project Engineer/Manager, a Designer is required for project design, co-ordination and drawing production.
- Have Mechanical Engineering Technologist Diploma;
- Possess 1 – 5 years of related industry experience;
- Have full working knowledge of Autodesk software including AutoCAD;
- Demonstrate proficiency with REVIT would be considered an asset;
- Display full working knowledge of Microsoft Office, specifically Microsoft Word and Microsoft Excel;
- Be a team contributor;
- Be flexible, adaptable, and positive attitude;
- Display excellent communication skills (interpersonal and written);
- Display outstanding organizational and time management skills.
- Development of details and layout of mechanical rooms and service spaces;
- Supervision of drawings between CAD operators and between other disciplines;
- Calculations as assigned by the Project Manager;
- Co-ordination of drawings with codes;
- Sizing of duct and pipe services in accordance with office standards;
- Checking layouts of services for continuity;
- Checking layouts of mechanical services for interferences with other components of the building such as structure, ceilings, lighting, etc.;
- Any other tasks assigned by a Principal or Project Engineer/Manager and/or required to assist in the success of the firm;
- To develop layout of pipe and duct runs in co-ordination with the structure, electrical and architectural components.
To apply for this position, please email your cover letter and resume to email@example.com. Please place job title and job location in the subject line of the email.
Only qualified candidates will be contacted.
Emans Smith Andersen is an Equal Opportunity Employer.