Mechanical – CAD Technician
The Vancouver (Burnaby) office of Smith + Andersen Falcon is currently seeking CAD Technicians qualified in project engineering of building services. Candidates will be team players who are highly motivated with good communication skills. The candidate would work under the direct supervision of a project manager or designer.
- Be college graduates of an architectural, mechanical or electrical building services program;
- Have AutoCAD training from a recognized College and preferably exposure to HVAC, plumbing or electrical layouts and systems. Knowledge of AutoCAD MEP 2012 is preferred;
- Possess 3 or more years of direct work experience;
- Demonstrate a strong desire for advancement and professional development;
- Demonstrate the ability to work in complex environment often driven by project deadlines;
- Be familiar with various HVAC, plumbing systems and develop layout of pipe and duct runs in co-ordination with the structure, electrical and architectural components;
- The amount of experience would adjust the level of responsibility of the successful candidate's position.
- Adhere to AutoCAD and AutoCAD MEP standards;
- Perform CAD tasks assigned within given hours;
- Check layouts and services for continuity;
- Prepare AutoCAD drawings from sketches, mark-ups and/or design;
- When requested to prepare CAD drawing from sketches or mark-ups, upon completion verify CAD drawings against such sketches to ensure accuracy of work;
- When requested to develop pipe or duct layouts, familiarize with architectural, structural and electrical drawings to appreciate space limitations and interferences;
- To develop layout of pipe and duct runs in co-ordination with the structure, electrical and architectural components;
- To perform sizing of duct and pipe services in accordance with office standards;
- Check layouts of mechanical services for interferences with other components of the building such as structure, ceilings, lighting, etc.;
- Develop details and layout of mechanical rooms and service spaces;
- To be familiar with air conditioning load calculations and perform such calculations for Tenant Improvement projects;
- Any other tasks assigned by Project Managers required to assist in the completion of projects.
To apply for this position, please email your cover letter and resume to BCCareers@smithandandersen.com. Please identify the job title and job location in the subject line of the email.
Only qualified candidates will be contacted.
Smith + Andersen Falcon is an Equal Opportunity Employer.