Electrical – Senior Project Manager / Engineer
Smith + Andersen is a growing and dynamic organization with the immediate requirement, for a self motivated individual, with superb interpersonal and communication skills to play a key role in growing and expanding our client base in Edmonton area. The position of Senior Electrical Engineer will be assumed by an individual who will be key in the continuing development and expansion of our base building and large project business. Working with the Edmonton Principal the Senior Electrical Engineer will lead and direct all aspects of design, from conceptual design, through to detailed site review and commissioning processes.
The position will be based in our Edmonton office. Some travel to our Toronto location may be required.
Success will be measured on overall profitability as well as quality of the interaction with our clients and with the leadership provided to the design staff.
- Have a APEGGA license with 5 to 10 years experience as a professional engineer in the province of Alberta (similar experience will be considered but the candidate must be eligible for immediate APPEGGA acceptance);
- Demonstrate experience working in a consulting firm environment;
- Have experience in the design of both large and small commercial, industrial, institutional and mission critical facilities. Be experienced in Power Distribution, Lighting design, Fire Alarm / Security, Data and Communication Systems.;
- Have qualifications to assume the design responsibility of the design for Smith + Andersen projects;
- Have excellent interpersonal and leadership skills;
- Have strong sales and administrative abilities.
- Have excellent communication skills (interpersonal and written).
- LEED certification / Experience implementing sustainable design (LEED projects) is an asset.
- Reporting to the Principal, the Senior Electrical Engineer will lead the design efforts for the design of institutional, commercial, light industrial and mission critical facilities.
- The supervision of the design efforts of Electrical designers and CAD personnel;
- Participation in the training/mentoring of junior engineers and designers;
- Leading the design team(s) in the design of large and complex projects;
- Overall design responsibilities for electrical projects, including the review and stamping of design documents.
To apply for this position, please email your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please place job title and job location in the subject line of the email.
Only qualified candidates will be contacted.
Smith + Andersen is an Equal Opportunity Employer.