Electrical – Designer
The Vancouver (Burnaby) office of Smith + Andersen Falcon is currently seeking a designer specializing in electrical building services design complimented with the ability to provide design details for production drawings. The designer will work with the project manager and independently depending on project scope. Candidates will be team players who are highly motivated with good communication skills. The candidate would work under the direct supervision of a principal or project manager.
- Possess 10 or more years of experience in all aspects of electrical design and utility coordination.
- A C.E.T. with equivalent experience and abilities will be considered.
- Demonstrate a strong desire for advancement and professional development.
- Be familiar with the Canadian Electrical Code.
- Demonstrate the ability to work in complex environment often driven by project deadlines.
- Be college graduates of an electrical building services program.
- Have AutoCAD training from a recognized College and have exposure to electrical layouts and systems. Knowledge of AutoCAD MEP 2012 is beneficial.
- Be familiar with systems such as fire alarm, communication and other specialized electrical systems.
- Be able to liaise with Architects and other disciplines on the design team.
- Have a valid driver’s license and ability to travel by automobile and air on a regular basis.
- Performing specific tasks assigned by Principal or Project Manager in defined time.
- Perform detailed site surveys as required.
- Adhere to Company design standards.
- Check layouts and services for continuity.
- Co-ordination of drawings with codes.
- Supervision of drawings between other disciplines.
- To develop lighting layouts and co-ordinate with other disciplines.
- To develop power distribution layout and sizing.
- To develop layouts of electrical/switch/transformer rooms.
- To be familiar with lighting calculations and perform such calculations.
- Any other tasks assigned by Principals or Project Managers required to assist in the success of the firm.
To apply for this position, please email your cover letter and resume to BCCareers@smithandandersen.com. Please place job title and job location in the subject line of the email.
Only qualified candidates will be contacted.
Smith + Andersen Falcon is an Equal Opportunity Employer.