Mechanical – Senior Project Manager
Smith + Andersen Falcon is a growing and dynamic organization with the immediate requirement, for a self-motivated individual, with superb interpersonal and communication skills to play a key role in growing and expanding our client base in British Columbia. The position of Senior Project Manager will be assumed by an individual who will be key in the continuing development and expansion of our base building and large project business. Working with the Principal, the Senior Project Manager will lead and direct all aspects of design, from conceptual design, through to detailed site review and commissioning processes.
The position will be based in Vancouver (Burnaby). Some travel to our Toronto location may be required.
Success will be measured on overall profitability as well as quality of the interaction with our clients and with the leadership provided to the design staff.
- Have bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering with a minimum of 10 years of related mechanical design experience, project management and client relations;
- Be a P.Eng. or be eligible for registration as a Professional Engineer in BC in one year or less;
- Have ability to build and nurture strong client relationships;
- Demonstrate experience working in a consulting firm environment;
- Have experience in the design of both large and small commercial, industrial, institutional and mission critical facilities
- Have qualifications to assume the design responsibility of the design for Smith + Andersen Falcon projects;
- Have excellent interpersonal and leadership skills;
- Have strong sales and administrative abilities;
- Have excellent communication skills (interpersonal and written);
- LEED certification / experience implementing sustainable design (LEED projects) is an asset.
- Reporting to the Principal the Senior Project Manager will lead the design efforts for the design of institutional, commercial, light industrial and mission critical facilities;
- The supervision of the design efforts of Mechanical designers and CAD personnel;
- Participation in the training/mentoring of junior engineers and designers;
- Leading the design team(s) in the design of large and complex projects;
- Overall design responsibilities for mechanical projects, including the review and sealing of design documents.
To apply for this position, please email your cover letter and resume to BCCareers@smithandandersen.com. Please identify the job title and job location in the subject line of the email.
Only qualified candidates will be contacted.
Smith + Andersen Falcon is an Equal Opportunity Employer.