Electrical – Project Manager / Engineer
The Vancouver (Burnaby) office of Smith + Andersen Falcon is currently seeking Professional Engineers qualified in project engineering of building services. Candidates will be team players who are highly motivated with good communication skills. The candidate would work under the direct supervision of a principal or senior project manager /engineer.
- Possess 10 or more years of project engineering experience in the field of electrical building services;
- Demonstrate strong leadership qualities and ability to work independently;
- Demonstrate the ability to work in a complex environment, dealing with multiple projects and clients;
- Possess sound communications skills as demonstrated through client and staff relations;
- Demonstrate experience working with other consultants and contractors, and coordination of major projects;
- Be knowledgeable about the provincial building code, electrical code, CSA, ULC, IEEE, IES and NFPA standards;
- Display strong sense of urgency and ability to prioritize tasks;
- Have excellent problem solving and decision-making skills;
- LEED certification / Experience implementing sustainable design (LEED projects) is an asset;
- A senior technologist with equivalent experience and abilities will also be considered;
- The amount of experience would adjust the level of responsibility of the successful candidate's position.
- Prepare schedule of tasks required to complete project, man hours to perform tasks and critical data required for performance (NB. Principal and P.Eng./Designer review and agree on schedule);
- Assist Principal to develop system engineering concepts, concept reports and construction budgets;
- Attend client meetings as directed by Principal;
- Attend co-ordination meetings with design team;
- Develop staffing requirement. Authorize and approve employees to work overtime, if required to meet the project schedule;
- Assign tasks to Designer and CAD technician; supervise delegated tasks for content and completion in assigned hours;
- Prepare all calculations, delegating as appropriate. Select all equipment;
- Review codes and obtain preliminary approvals where appropriate. (Discuss contentious issues with Principal);
- Review contract documents prior to tender for completeness. Ensure proper coordination of documents with the other design disciplines;
- Assist Principal at regular intervals;
- Review shop drawings;
- Prepare all change notices or review change notices issued by site administrator;
- Visit site to review technical content of project (Discuss frequency of visits with Principals) Perform role of site administrator when assigned;
- Review project with site administrator at regular intervals appropriate to the project, including contract draws;
- Any other tasks assigned by Principals required to assist in the success of the firm.
To apply for this position, please email your cover letter and resume to BCCareers@smithandandersen.com. Please identify the job title and job location in the subject line of the email.
Only qualified candidates will be contacted.
Smith + Andersen Falcon is an Equal Opportunity Employer.